Saturday, October 11, 2008

Relaxing...

I can't believe that my break is now half way over! It has been great! I have been pretty busy but it doesn't seem like I've really accomplished much. One thing that I've been working on is a slide show of local military veterans to show at church in honor of Veteran's Day. Another lady at church had the idea and asked if I would scan in the photos and put some music to a slide show - I've enjoyed working on it and seeing all of the old photographs. This one is of my own sweet Papa. He served during World War II and I guess this picture was taken at the beginning of his service. I've also been getting caught up with my class work for WKU. Not a lot of fun but nice to know that I'm making some progress... Jill and I went shopping yesterday and had a fun day. 'We had a good day and I found some nice clothes, shoes, and some more yarn for a new crochet project. I'm working on another baby sweater right now (brown) but haven't done much on it in the last few days because I've been so caught up in Ashes in the Wind! It is such a great book!! I'm almost done with it and am anxious to start another Kathleen Woodiwiss book I got at the library - it's called The Reluctant Suitor - sounds enchanting, does it not? Another thing that I mangaged to do this week was CLEAN THE HOUSE! Heaven knows it needed it.... Lile has gone fishing with Ronnie today. They left bright and early this morning and seem to be making a real day of it! I hope they're enjoying themselves. Lile was so excited the other night because he had gotten a picture of a "monster buck" on his trail camera - I tried to feign excitement but failed miserably! Mom and Dad are on their way home and it sounds like they've had a great trip. I can't wait to hear all about it! In the mean time, I'm going to go sit on the porch and finish my book!

No comments: