Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Almost there...


Only two more days until my TWO WEEK FALL BREAK!!! I couldn't be any more ready for it! I've been trying to maintain my sanity this week by being a crafty little homemaker in the evenings - check out the little baby booties I made tonight!! We're having a baby shower for a girl at work so I plan to give these to her. (Know anybody that might need some of these - I'm open for hire!) I am just learning to crochet but have really enjoyed it. Jan gave me a how-to crochet book last Christmas - so far I've made a checkbook cover, small button clutch, baby blanket, these booties, and a hat. I need lots of improvement but I've had fun learning. Last night I went to 'craft night' at mom's. That's always fun - even if I usually end up grading papers more than actually crafting... Mom, Dad, and Nathan are leaving for their big Wyoming trip on Friday. I'm sure they'll have a great time! I can't wait to hear all about it and see their pictures. Jill and I are going to get together one day while they're gone and do a little shopping - we could be dangerous!! For the moment, I'm just trying to maintain an even strain at school until Friday afternoon at 2:30. At that point, I'll be home free! At least for a couple of weeks... I asked Lile this afternoon if he knew what this coming Friday was. His first guess was the beginning of my Fall Break - true, but not the answer I was looking for. Friday will be 7 years since our first date!! We had no idea what we were getting into :-) (I mean that in a good way!)

No comments: